Drift 10 Details
Friends and fellow Drifters,
Tomorrow’s the day for Drift 10! We will start the Drift at 1pm at Mokumboot East:
1092 AD Amsterdam
Mookumbooat is located near Artis, across from the Tropenmuseum. Trams 3, 7, 9, 10 and 14 stop right around the corner.
We’ll have three boats of eight people each. The idea is that we’ll form a sort of boat drift caravan in the eastern canals. We’ll try to keep close together as we drift along, since we’ll be using the app AmpMe to form a collective, local broadcast powered sound system for the boats playing at just the right volume to blend with the sound of the water and ambient environment.
Drift 10 coincides with the celebration of the release of my small tape label’s first cassette — Pulsing Fields/Distelweg. We’ll listen to the digital edition of the release, as well as some of my inspirations while making it as part of the music mix tomorrow. I’ll also bring a few cassettes with me in case you’d like to pick one up (they’re also available over at http://secretmainstream.bandcamp.com).
A few more notes and reminders:
- Try to arrive 10-15 minutes early so we get can get out on the water at 1pm
- Feel free to bring any drinks you’d like, just remember, we have the boats for two hours and there’s no bathroom on board (please plan accordingly)
- Remember to bring your fully charged smart phone
- The Drift is sold out, so if you’ve already RSVP’d and can’t make it, let me know so I can let the folks on the waiting list know.
- Please try to download Amp Me before you arrive. It’s freely available for iOS and Android here: https://www.ampme.com . (As a fallback, it’s not a bad idea to bring your earbuds with you, too.)
See you all tomorrow!
Posted on 2018-28-Jul